One World, One Health
Understanding the Implications for One Health in Your Backyard and Abroad
The One Health Day Symposium brings together multiple disciplines working locally, nationally and globally to address the spread of disease, promote health and emphasize the connection among humans, animals and the environment.
What is One Health Day?
One Health Day, celebrated annually on November 3, is an international campaign co-coordinated by the One Health Commission, the One Health Initiative and the One Health Platform Foundation. The goal of One Health Day is to bring attention around the world to the need for One Health interactions and for the world to ‘see them in action’. The One Health Day campaign is designed to engage as many individuals as possible from as many arenas as possible in One Health education and awareness events, and to generate an inspiring array of projects worldwide.
By participating in Ohio State’s One Health Day Symposium, you are demonstrating your support for One Health worldwide.
One Health Day Symposium
Dates and Location
12:30 – 6 p.m. | Drake Performance and Event Center
Refreshments and Networking
6 – 6:45 p.m. | Faculty Club
6:45 – 8 p.m. | Faculty Club
7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. | Drake Performance and Event Center
Key Program Objectives
- Provide a forum for internal and external stakeholders in public health and One Health-related fields.
- Strengthen awareness of the integrated, collaborative One Health approach.
- Share knowledge about enhanced surveillance, prevention, mitigation and intervention activities to address causes and effects of diseases at the interface of humans, animals, plants and the environment.
- Increase understanding of the impact One Health issues have on communities locally and globally.
- For poster/abstracts: October 19
- To register for symposium: extended
- Staff, faculty and professionals: $125
- Ohio State students: $85
- Students who apply and are accepted to present a poster: $20
(See call for abstracts)
(Limited to lead author.)
The registration window will be October 1 - 22 at go.osu.edu/OneHealthDaySymposiumRegister.
Limited to 100 total people.
Submission of posters is open to all (see call for abstracts).
Continuing Education Credits (CE)
- Approved for 8.5 hours of Veterinary CE
- Submitted for 8.5 hours of Registered Sanitarian CE